At Woody’s, we realize the importance of supporting a sustainable future. We continuously strive to strengthen our community, reduce our impact on the natural environment, and help support the local economy. We work diligently with a variety of stakeholders to maximize the impact that we can have as a single business.
**Winner of the 2010 City of Golden Sustainable Business of the Year!
Woody’s was recognized by the State of Colorado’s Environmental Leadership Program with a Bronze Award for our sustainability efforts.
• Donates 10% of all pizza sales of our Golden Backpack pizza to the Golden Backpack program – feeding Golden’s hungry school children. http://goldenbackpack.org/
• We raised over $2,000 for a customer battling a rare form of cancer via Make-A-Wish foundation. http://goldentranscript.net/stories/Make-A-Wish-comes-through-for-teenager,206919
• We started the community cruiser bike ride, The Golden Cruise. http://visitgolden.com/golden-general/golden-bicycle-cruise-rides-tonight
• A percentage of all house wine sales go towards various causes from breast cancer to AIDs research. https://www.onehopewine.com/impact/
• We also help raise money for other charities such as Pizza for Patriots and countless others throughout the year.
• In 2016 Woody’s replaced all of its inefficient lighting with brand new LED’s! This project alone is estimated to save roughly 30 metric tons of CO2e from the atmosphere annually – the equivalent of nearly 32,000 pounds of coal kept from being burnt at the power plant. A special shout out to the Golden Downtown Development Authority for contributing $2,500 to this project!
• In 2009, Woody’s was the first downtown Golden Business to go solar. We installed a 48-panel solar PV array visible from the south side of the building. This system helps us off-set nearly 28,000 pounds of CO2 each year.
• Woody’s installed a variable speed hood system that saves energy by modulating the fan speed of our hood.
• Cardboard and comingled containers are also recycled at Woody's on a grand scale. We divert over 1,560 cubic yards of materials from the landfill from this service each year. By the end of 2016 Woody’s will be composting all food waste.
• Woody's also has our waste fryer oil recycled for the conversion of biodiesel.
• All toilets and urinals are EPA Water Sense certified as being water efficient. Even the dish machine is Energy Star certified for saving both energy and water.
• Recently installed carpet tiles made of recycled materials.
• Woody’s uses 100% compostable EcoProducts to-go dinnerware.
• As of June 1st, Woody’s will have a sustainable seafood program with wild-caught Alaskan Cod that is Marine Stewardship Council certified. www.msc.org
• As of June 1st, Woody’s will offer organic entrée options on the menu.
• As many items as possible on the menu are sourced from local companies, from veggies to beer and spirits.
• Woody’s does well by doing good. Not only do most if not all of the above program save us money, we believe that many of our customers choose to come spend their money with us because we give back to the community and to the planet. That’s why we received the 2015 Golden Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award!